A business development manager's main task is to facilitate the growth of the business for which he or she works. Working primarily with the sales and marketing departments, this experienced professional develops training plans to educate and motivate employees of a company to perform at their most profitable level.
Strategic planning for future development is a key part of this job description, since it's the business manager's responsibility to develop the pipeline of new business coming in to the company. This requires thorough knowledge of the marketplace and of the company's competitors.
A day in the life of a business development manager might include tasks like:
Writing proposals and specifications
Crafting training programs
Contract review with potential new clients
Collaboration with the marketing department
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the complete life-cycle of the sale -profiling, qualification, pitching, proposing, nurturing, negotiating and closing.
- Maintaining the database of prospective clients to the company. Be part of customer service and success as needed
- Generating new sales opportunities with new business and existing customers to achieve company’s sales goals.
- You will have quarterly targets to achieve and will be given 3 months to get up to speed with the role and build a sustainable pipeline for continued success.
- Should be able to write out clear and concise specification documents and proposals matching the standards of current trends or ahead, requires 2 years of specific experience.
- Good understanding of Identifying leads via channel partners, cold-calling, networking, events
- Proven to be successful in the role and can demonstrate this via target to earnings
- Strong sales acument and lead conversion track record, with a defined process to sell successfully
- Articulate -both orally and in written communication
- Must have exposure to Digital Media.
- Proven ability to develop and manage all marketing activities.Good understanding of brand & customer as well as market dynamics and requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Studying competitors (products & services).
- Excellent Lead generation & lead closing skills Business Development for International market B2B/B2C.
- To manage and sell IT services in new accounts. We are looking for an experienced professional, with the right mix of technical and business exposure, to focus on achieving and exceeding revenue and performance goals.
- Good communication skills, Good interpersonal skills, Good business knowledge, Negotiation skills
- Tact and diplomacy Creativity, A good grasp of numbers and the ability to write documents in a professional style
- Organisational skills, A hunger to stay up to date with economic matters
- The ability to stay calm under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- The ability to keep objectives and goals firmly in sight
- The ability to remain flexible and seek alternative options to problems, Problem solving skills